This privacy notice tells you what to expect us to do with your personal information when you make contact with us or use one of our services.
At M-P Infrastructure Limited (hereinafter called “MPI”), we treat your personal information as private and confidential. We are dedicated to protecting your privacy and providing you with the highest level of security at any point of interaction with us. This Privacy Notice describes what personal information we collect, what we do with it and how we protect it.
This notice sets out the basis on which any your personal data we receive from you or through a third party, will be processed by us. Please read the following carefully to understand our views, procedures and practices regarding your personal data and how we will treat it.
Information We Collect and Use
- We collect information about you from a variety of sources, such as: website visits, applications, identification documents, curriculum vitae, personal financial statements, interactions with relationship managers, and other third parties and other written or electronic communication reflecting information such as your name, address, passport details, identification numbers, biometric information, telephone number, occupation, income and any other information we deem necessary.
- We may also use information received from third parties such as family, solicitors, friends or website/ social media pages made public by you, government agencies, regulators or supervisory authorities .
- We may also collect other information such as video footages of you whenever you step into any of our office, telephone conversations when you call any of our contact lines.
Non- Personal Information Collected By Us
In order to achieve our goal of providing you with the best service, we sometimes collect certain information during your visits to perform certain tasks such as grant you access to some parts of our web site or conduct research on your behaviour on our site in order to improve our services. We will not disclose your information to any person outside our organisation except as described in this Privacy Notice.
We do not store cookies or allow third-party requests to store same on our website.
Use of Your Personal Information
The collection and use of personal data by MPI is guided by certain principles. These principles state that personal data should
- be processed fairly, lawfully and in a transparent manner.
- be obtained for a specified and lawful purpose and shall not be processed in any manner incompatible with such purposes.
- be adequate, relevant and limited to what is necessary to fulfil the purpose of processing.
- be accurate and where necessary, up-to-date. In the event data is inaccurate, steps should be taken to rectify or erase such data.
- not be kept for longer than necessary for the purpose of processing.
- be processed in accordance with the data subject’s rights
- be kept safe from unauthorised processing, and accidental loss, damage or destruction using adequate technical and organizational measures.
Any personal information provided by you to MPI will be used with your specific, explicit and informed consent, or under the following under listed instances:
- Cases where processing of personal data is required for the fulfilment of a contractual obligation.
- Cases where processing of personal data is required for compliance with legal and/or regulatory requirements.
- Cases where processing is required to protect your vital interest or that of any other natural person.
- Cases where processing is required for an activity to be carried in significant public interest.
- Cases where processing is required for legitimate interests of MPI or a third party insofar as this does not conflict with the requirements for the protection of your personal data.
Your personal information is used in:
- Updating and enhancing MPI records
- Executing your instructions.
- Establishing your identity and assessing applications for our products and services
- Pricing and designing our products and services
- Administering our products and services
- Managing our relationship with you
- Managing our risks
- Conducting and improving our businesses and improving your experience with us
- Preventing money laundering or terrorism financing activities.
- Complying with our legal obligations and assisting government and law enforcement agencies or regulators/supervisors
- Identifying and informing you about other products or services that we think may be of interest to you.
- Processing your job application if you apply for a job with us.
We may also collect, use and exchange your information in other ways permitted by law.
We do not carry out automated profiling or allow such third-party requests on our website.
Information We Share
We may share the information about you and your dealings with us, to the extent permitted by law, with the following:
- Regulators/Supervisors, Government Agencies/courts – It may be necessary by law, legal process, litigation, and/or requests from public and governmental authorities within or outside your country of residence for MPI to disclose your personal information. We may also disclose information about you if we determine that for purposes of national security, law enforcement, or other issues of public importance, disclosure is necessary or appropriate.;
- Your Personal information will not be shared with third parties for their marketing purposes.
We may also disclose information about you if we determine that disclosure is reasonably necessary to enforce our terms and conditions or protect our operations or users. Additionally, we shall transfer any and all personal information we collect to the relevant third party, to facilitate provision of services to you .
Information about our customers and their usage of our website is not shared with third parties for their marketing purposes. We do not disclose any information about any user’s usage of our web site except in specific cases, and we do not share information with any unaffiliated third parties for marketing purposes unless you expressly give us permission to do so.
How We Protect Your Information
We take appropriate technical and organisational measures to prevent loss, unauthorized access, misuse, modification or disclosure of information under our control. This may include the use of encryption, access controls and other forms of security to ensure that your data is protected. We require all parties including our staff and third-parties processing data on our behalf to comply with relevant policies and guidelines to ensure confidentiality and that information is protected in use, when stored and during transmission. Our security controls and processes are also regularly updated to meet and exceed industry standards.
Where we have provided you (or where you have chosen) a password which grants you access to specific areas on our site, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We request that you do not to share your password or other authentication details with anyone. Other security measures you can take that will help us protect your data is encouraged.
Where We Store Your Information
All Personal Information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers as well as secure physical locations and cloud infrastructure (where applicable). The data that we collect from you may be transferred to and stored at a destination outside Nigeria. Whenever your information is transferred to another location, we will take all necessary steps to ensure that your data is handled securely and in accordance with this privacy notice.
How Long We Store Your Information
We retain your data for as long as is necessary for the purpose(s) that it was collected. Storage of your data is also determined by legal, regulatory, administrative or operational requirements. We only retain information that allows us comply with legal and regulatory requests for certain data, meet business and audit requirements, respond to complaints and queries, or address disputes or claims that may arise.
Data which is not retained is securely destroyed when it is identified that is no longer needed for the purposes for which it was collected.
You have certain rights available to you, these include
- The right to access your personal information held by us. Your right of access can be exercised by sending an email to email@example.com
- The right to rectify inaccurate or incomplete information.
- withdraw consent for processing in cases where consent has previously been given.
- restrict or object to processing of your personal data. We might continue to process your data if there are valid legal or operational reasons
You also have the right to:
- Request that your personal data be made available to you in a common electronic format and/or request that such data be sent to a third party.
- Request that your information be erased. We might continue to retain such data if there are valid legal, regulatory or operational reason.
Maintaining Accurate Information
Keeping your account information accurate and up to date is very important.
If you discover any inaccuracies in your personal information, please promptly notify us, via our e-mail or Contact centre, and provide the required documentary evidence, to enable us to implement the necessary updates or changes.
Applicability of This Privacy Notice
Third-Party Sites and Services
MPI’s websites, products, applications, and services may contain links to third-party websites, products and services. Our products and services may also use or offer products or services from third parties. Information collected by third parties, which may include such things as location data or contact details is governed by their privacy practices and MPI will not be liable for any breach of confidentiality or privacy of your information on such sites . We encourage you to learn about the privacy practices of those third parties.
Social Media Platforms
Maintaining Accurate Information
Keeping your information accurate and up to date is very important. You have access to your information, which includes your contact information, and similar information through various means. If you discover any inaccuracies in your personal information, please promptly notify us, via our Contact info, and provide the required documentary evidence, to enable us to implement the necessary updates or changes.
Privacy of Children
MPI respects the privacy of children, and we do not process the personal information of children except with their parent’s consent.
MPI may sometimes contact you with products or services that we think may be of interest to you. If you don’t want to receive such promotional materials from us, you can opt out at any time by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org .
Privacy Notice Changes
This policy may be revised on an ad-hoc basis to reflect the legal, regulatory and operating environment and such revised versions will automatically become applicable to you. We will post any revisions we make to our Privacy Notice on this page and such revised policy becomes effective as at the time it is posted. We also encourage you to check this page from time to time for updates to this policy.
Questions, comments and requests regarding this privacy notice are welcomed and should be addressed to email@example.com
To contact our Data Protection Officer, kindly address your request to “The Data Protection Officer” at No. 28, Oke Akoko street off Lagos street Garki 2 Abuja Nigeria.